If you’re new to magnetic lashes, the whole concept can seem a bit intimidating. From picking the perfect pair, to applying the magnetic liner, to putting on a pair of lashes, the task can seem a bit more daunting than just swiping on a bit of mascara.
However, long-time users of magnetic lash technology know well that once you’ve mastered the application technique, applying your magnetic lashes with ease is a piece of cake. More so, it’s made even easier with a great pair of Magnetic Mom Lashes, a natural-looking, cruelty-free, and reusable magnetic lash brand!
Read on to hear our top tips for applying magnetic lashes like a pro:
- Do all your makeup except your eyeliner and mascara first – This is your chance to create your unique canvas for your magnetic lashes, the perfect partner for the full range of makeup looks!
- Practice applying the magnetic liner – If you aren’t used to using liquid eyeliner, consider practicing with an alternative before you jump right into applying your magnetic liner. Once you’ve mastered your eyeliner technique, it’s time to pick up that magnetic liner.
Give the bottle a few good shakes, unscrew the cap, and wipe off the excess serum on the inside of the bottle just like you would your mascara or regular eyeliner. Then, simply apply the liner as you would your regular eyeliner: drag the brush from the inside corner of your eyelid above your lash line, drawing towards the outside corner of your eye, paying close attention to the inside corner as this is where your lashes will begin. The line does not have to be thick, especially if a thick-lined look is not your style – just ensure that there is a decent amount of product applied to the inside corner of your lash line, as this is the most important point of contact for the lashes.
If you make a mistake, don’t fret! The eyeliner removes easily with the swipe of a cotton swab. And practice makes perfect – after you wear the lashes a few times, you’ll get a good idea of how thin or thick to apply the liner for your perfect personalized magnetic lash look.
- Add a second coat of liner once the first is dry – for good measure!
- Trim your lashes to a length you love before applying – Everyone’s eye shape and desired final look is different. Simply trim the lashes to the length that you love. To do so, hold them up to your eye to determine the length you’d like. Then take some scissors and trim them. Doing so can also provide a firmer hold!
- Pop on your lashes like a pro – Hold the lash from the outside corner so that the lashes mirror your lash line. Starting at the inside corner of your eye, place the lashes near the liner - you should feel the magnets start to pull the lashes towards your lash line. That’s it - make any adjustments needed and then apply the second set to your other eye!
For a full tutorial on how to apply Magnetic Mom Lashes, check out this step-by-step video from our founder, Stephanie! And if you’re still wary, check out our full FAQ on our website. We hope you’ll consider sprucing up your makeup routine with our fantastic magnetic lashes – check out all our products today!